Design Window Shortcuts
IFS Mode only
Chaos Game Mode only
- Left click on boundary to make selection
- Left click on boundary and hold mouse to move polygon ()
- Left click one of the four corner squares to resize polygon. Hold down the shift key while selecting one of the four corner squares to restrict the scaling to be equal in both directions. ()
Left click one of the four middle squares to stretch/shrink polygon in just the horizontal () or vertical () direction.
- Ctrl-left click corner squares to rotate polygon ()
- Ctrl-left click middle squares to shear polygon in horizontal () or vertical () direction.
- Left click to select and move fixed point.
If the grid is turned on, hold down the shift key when you release the mouse button to snap the fixed point to the nearest grid point.
- Ctrl-Left click to create a new fixed point at that location.
If the grid is turned on, shift-left click to create a new fixed point that will snap to the nearest grid point.
- Ctrl-Right click to set position of reference point for chaos game moves
- Left click to select and move the reference point.
If the grid is turned on, hold down the shift key when you release the mouse button to snap the reference point to the nearest grid point.
- New transformation
- Duplicate transformation
- Delete transformation
- Horizontal reflection
- Vertical reflection
- Rotate counterclockwise by 90° Use dropdown menu for 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 120°, or 180°
- Rotate clockwise by 90° Use dropdown menu for 30°, 45°,60°, 90°, 120°, or 180°
- Show/Hide initial polygon (IFS mode only)
- Show/Hide axes
- Show/Hide fixed points (IFS mode only)
- Show/Hide grid
- Cycle through the 3 possible line styles (thin, medium, thick). Use the dropdown menu to select a particular style.
- Zoom out
- Zoom in
- Open the help file to the section about the design window
IFS Mode only
- Press 1, 2, ..., 9 to select transformation 1 through 9
- IFS functions 10 to 99 are selected by holding down the shift key and typing the two digits
- Ctrl-A to toggle the axes
- Ctrl-G to toggle the grid
The + and – keys will rotate through the four default grid sizes.
Press Ctrl-Atl-G to bring up a dialog box to set your own grid size. If you create a grid with different scales along the x and y axes, then pressing the + or – key will convert back to a square grid. The + key will use the larger grid value while the – key will use the smaller grid value.
- Page Up to zoom window in by 5%
- Page Down to zoom window out by 5%
- Use the arrow keys to shift the viewing window
Choas Game Mode only
- Ctrl-S to scale via dialog box
- Ctrl-R to rotate via dialog box
- Ctrl-H for horizontal reflection
- Ctrl-L for vertical reflection
- Ctrl-E to stretch/shear polygon via dialog box
- Shift-arrow key to move the selected polygon in direction of arrow
- Ctrl-up arrow to rotate polygon counterclockwise
- Ctrl-down arrow to rotate polygon clockwise
- Alt-arrow key to shear polygon in direction of arrow
- Ctrl-F to toggle the fixed points
- When a background image has been loaded and surrounded by dashed line
Esc: Finalize position of image (or re-activate image)
Ctrl-Alt-P: bring up dialog box to set position and/or size of image
Ctrl-Alt-R: add control boxes around edge of image to allow for resizing
Design Initial Polygon
- Shift-arrow key to move the selected fixed point in direction of arrow
- Ctrl-M to open the Chaos Game Moves dialog box
- Click mouse for each vertex
- With the grid displayed, hold down the shift key to snap a vertex to the nearest corner of the grid
- Press D to delete the last vertex
- Press L to lift pen until next mouse click
- Press Q to finish drawing polygon (or double click)