Fractal Window Shortcuts
- Ctrl-Right click to set initial point for tracing
- Click and drag for selection rectangle while using the Random algorithm. Hold down the shift key to keep the selection square.
- Right click on an image used as an initial set for the Deterministic algorithm while the image is selected (surrounded by a dashed line) to produce 8 grab handles that can be used to resize the image.
- Show/Hide axes
- Show/Hide fixed points (IFS mode only)
- Show/Hide grid
- Zoom out
- Zoom in
- Ctrl-W to scale the window to fit drawing
- Ctrl-D to draw the fractal
- Ctrl-A to toggle the axes
- Ctrl-F to toggle the fixed points
- Ctrl-G to toggle the grid
The + and – keys will rotate through the four default grid sizes.
Press Ctrl-Atl-G to bring up a dialog box to set your own grid size. You have the option of choosing a different grid size for each axis. If you do create a grid with unequal scale along the x and y axes, then pressing the plus or minus key will convert back to a square grid. The + key will use the larger grid value while the − key will use the smaller grid value.
- Page Up to zoom in (either by 5% or with a selection rectangle)
- Page Down to zoom out by 5%
- Arrow keys to shift the viewing window
- Home to restore the viewing window to the original dimensions (use Ctrl-W to "scale to fit")
- When an image has been loaded from a file or clipboard and surrounded by dashed line
Esc: Finalize position of image (or re-select image while in Deterministic mode)
Ctrl-Alt-P: bring up dialog box to set position and/or size of image
Ctrl-Alt-R: add control boxes around edge of image to allow for resizing
Keyboard Shortcuts for Random Algorithm
- F7 for random algorithm
- Ctrl-I to bring up "Draw This Many..." dialog to specify how many points to plot
- Ctrl-Alt-D to draw the number of points specified in the "Draw This Many..." dialog
- Q to quit drawing
- Ctrl-T to toggle tracing
- Press Spacebar for next point in orbit chosen at random
- Press 1, 2, ..., 9 for next point in orbit using indicated transformation while tracing
- For the next point in the orbit using transformations 10 to 99 while tracing, hold the shift key and type the two digits
- Ctrl-V or Ctrl-B to paste an image from the clipboard as a background image
- Delete to clear the fractal window while using the random algorithm. This will also delete any background image.
- Ctrl-Delete to clear the fractal but not the background image
Keyboard Shortcuts for Deterministic Algorithm
- F8 for deterministic algorithm
- Ctrl-I to bring up "Draw This Many..." dialog to specify how many iterations to plot
- Ctrl-Alt-D to draw the number of iterations specified in the "Draw This Many..." dialog
- Q to quit drawing (when not using recursion)
- Delete to reset iteration count back to 0
- Ctrl-V to paste an image from the clipboard as an initial set
- Ctrl-B to paste an image from the clipboard as a background image (this only works if an image is not already being used as an initial set)
- Ctrl-X to remove a background image
- If an initial set image is selected (surrounded by dashed lines), the Escape key will deselect the image and place it at its current location
- If an initial set image is deselected and no iterations have been drawn, the Escape key will select the image so it can be moved or resized
- When selecting a fill color for an initial set, right click on the button (or the box showing the fill color) to automatically set the line color to be the same as the selected fill color.