- Robert Devaney. Chaos, Fractals, and Dynamics: Computer Experiments in Mathematics, Pearson Learning, www.pearsonlearning.com, 1990.
- Robert Devaney. A First Course in Chaotic Dynamical Systems, Perseus Publishing Co. (a division of Harper/Collins), 1992. [See Preview at Google Books]
- Robert Devaney, J.Choate, and A.Foster. Fractals: A Toolkit of Dynamics Activities, Key Curriculum Press, 1998.
- Gerald A. Edgar. Measure, Topology, and Fractal Geometry, Springer-Verlag, 1990.
- Sandy Fillebrown. "Other Chaos Games," in Fractals, Graphics, & Mathematical Education, M.L.Frame and B.B.Mandelbrot, Editors, Mathematical Association of America, 2002, pages 105-109. [See Preview at Google Books]
- Gary William Flake. The Computational Beauty of Nature: Computer Explorations of Fractals, Chaos, Complex Systems, and Adaptation, MIT Press, 1998. [See Preview at Google Books]
- Heinz-Otto Peitgen, Hartmut Jurgens, and Dietmar Saupe. Fractals for the Classroom, Part One: Introduction to Fractals and Chaos, Springer-Verlag, 1992.
- Michael F. Barnsley. Fractals Everywhere, Academic Press, 1993 (Second Edition). [See Preview at Google Books]
- Richard M. Crownover. Introduction to Fractals and Chaos, Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 1995.
- Kevin Lee and Yosef Cohen. Fractal Attraction: A Fractal Design System for the Macintosh, Academic Press, 1991.
- Michael Field and Martin Golubitsky, Symmetry in Chaos: A Search for Pattern in Mathematics, Art, and Nature (2nd Edition), SIAM, 2009. [See Preview at Google Books.]
- Robert Devaney, "Chaos Rules!", Math Horizons, November 2004, 11-14. [Winner of the 2005 Trevor Evans Award from the MAA]. JSTOR (requires subscription). Also available at Bob Devaney's website.
- "Fractal Tilings in the Plane", Richard Darst, Judith Palagallo, and Thomas Price, Mathematics Magazine, Vol. 71, No. 1, February 1998, 12-23. [JSTOR (subscription required)]
- "Fractal Tilings Derived from Complex Bases", Sara Hagey and Judith Palagallo, The Mathematical Gazette, Vol. 85, No. 503 (July 2001), 194-201. [JSTOR (subscription required)]
- "Analyzing the Area of Fractal Tilings", Miyuki Breen and Judith Palagallo, The Pi Mu Epsilon Journal, Vol. 11, No. 8, Spring 2003, 413-422.
- "Number Systems With a Complex Base: A Fractal Tool for Teaching Topology," Daniel Goffinet, American Mathematical Monthly, Vol. 98, No. 3 (March 1991), 249-255. [JSTOR (subscription required)]
- The Canopy and Shortest Path in a Self-Contacting Fractal Tree," Benoit Mandelbrot and Michael Frame, Mathematical Intelligencer, Vol. 21, No. 2 (Spring 1999), 18-27.
- "Finding Gold in the Forest: Self-contacting Symmetric Binary Fractal Trees and the Golden Ratio", by Tara Taylor, St. Francis Xavier University.
- "The Trouble with von Koch Curves Built from n-gons," Tamás Keleti and Elliot Paquette, American Mathematical Monthly, Vol. 117, No. 2 (February 2010), 124-137. [JSTOR (subscription required)]
An online supplement containing an interactive Java applet is available at MathDL, the MAA Mathematical Sciences Digital Library.